Your smile has a number of important jobs to do. You need it to be in top condition in order to eat and speak properly and help you look and feel your best.
Our dentist and team are here to help you keep your smile healthy, but the truth is that you are the most important part of our team when it comes to your oral health. There are several things you can do to prevent problems with your smile:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a toothbrush with soft bristles and a toothpaste that contains fluoride. It is a good idea to brush after every meal, and if you choose to do that, wait for 30 minutes after you eat to give your saliva time to neutralize the acids in your food or drink.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of proteins and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Chew sugarless gum to stimulate the flow of saliva.
- Visit our office at least once every six months for your routine dental cleanings and exams.
- Consider dental sealants or fluoride treatments to keep your smile healthy and strong.
For more information, call our office and schedule your visit.